The Top 10 Multiple Sclerosis Blogs
It can be very scary, stressful, and overwhelming to receive a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS). The following ten MS blogs are thought to be some of the most supportive, informative, and useful blogs on the subject. Whether looking for the latest information on the disease, searching for ongoing research studies, or simply seeking a community of others who understand, anyone is sure to find solace in these blogs.
Below are ten blogs which can provide more insight as well as informative details about multiple sclerosis:
- MS Conversations: This is an authoritative blog that is offered by the MSAA. It seeks to provide assistance in enhancing as well as improving the lives of individuals with MS who are struggling with this disease on a daily basis. It aims to lend support to the family members of those who are suffering from MS as well. The main goal of this blog is to break down any barriers, which can include social, emotional, or physical.
- MS Connection: This blog is officially part of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. On this blog, users will find many online support groups, discussion forums, lists of physical support groups, and a blog that has detailed information about MS.
- Modern Day MS: This blog has the latest information about MS as well as new kinds of therapies or medications that are in the developmental stage. It also has inspirational stories on how others are going about living with MS.
- Girl with MS: The creator of this blog is Caroline Craven, and her site encourages individuals to empower their lives by making small, positive changes.
- My New Normals: This blog is a personal one created by Nicole Lemelle. It shares the experiences of individuals living with MS. The main goal of this site is to educate the general public about what MS is and also to raise awareness of the disease by highlighting particular resources, conversing with each other, being an inspiration, and promoting advocacy.
- BBH with MS: This site, known as “Boobs, Boots, and Hair,” was created by Meg Lewellyn, who herself was diagnosed with MS. There are personal stories about Meg on this site. Her positive outlook towards life helps her family to cope alongside her as well as support her on this difficult journey.
- Ashley’s Life with Multiple Sclerosis: The creator of this site is Ashley Ringstaff. Ashley shares her own personal stories on how to cope with issues related to memory; for example, her blog features a story about a detailed phenomenon known as “cog-fog.” There’s also a story about her own perspective towards life, which has changed since the diagnosis of her disease.
- But You Don’t Look Sick: The author of this blog is Lisa Marie. Lisa shares her personal experiences with the disease and also aims to provide her readers with real answers about multiple sclerosis. Her blogs are mostly humorous as well as educational.
- It’s Only a Bruise: The founder of this blog is Cat Stappas. Her posts are mostly honest and positive. The main goal of her blog is to ease some of the fears in the minds of people with MS.
- Well and Strong with MS: The author of this site is Angie Randall. In her blog, she talks about her own rough times, the treatments available for MS, and how to adopt a healthier lifestyle.