Generic: Arformoterol Tartrate
Brovana is an inhalation solution used in the long term, twice daily (morning and evening) maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. This drug is to be given by nebulization only.
Brovana is available as a respiratory (inhalation) solution containing arformoterol tartrate 15 microgram in 2 milliliter.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your health care provider. This drug is to be given through a nebulizer.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Brovana may interact with medications such as:
- Beta blockers (e.g., propranolol, labetalol, timolol)
- Macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin)
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to arformoterol or to formoterol, or to sympathomimetic drugs (e.g., phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine)
- Heart problems (e.g., irregular heartbeat, angina)
- High blood pressure
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures, diabetes
- Liver problems
- Certain metabolic problem (ketoacidosis)
- Pregnancy or lactation