Brand: Daypro Alta
Generic: Oxaprozin Potassium
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. Do not crush or chew the drug because it may diminish its effects. This medication should be taken with a full glass of water unless your doctor tells you otherwise. You should swallow the drug whole.
Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also take this drug at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Daypro Alta may interact with medications such as:
- Anti-platelet drugs such as cilostazol or clopidogrel
- Oral bisphosphonates such as alendronate
- Blood thinners such as enoxaparin, heparin or warfarin
- Corticosteroids such as prednisone
- High blood pressure drugs including ACE inhibitors (captopril) and angiotensin II receptor antagonists (losartan) and beta-blockers (metoprolol)
- SSRI antidepressants such as fluoxetine and sertraline
- Diuretics such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide and triamterene
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to oxaprozin or to aspirin or other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen or celecoxib
- Aspirin-sensitive asthma
- Recent heart bypass surgery
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Poorly controlled diabetes
- Stomach, intestine or esophagus problems
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Swelling or edema or fluid retention
- Blood disorders such as anemia
- Bleeding or clotting problems
- Nasal polyps
- Pregnancy or lactation