Generic: Estradiol Spray
Evamistis a spray used in the treatment of moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms due to menopause. This product is available as a metered spray containing estradiol 1.53 milligrams in 1 spray.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Spray this medication on the inside area of your forearm as directed by your doctor, usually once daily in the morning. Do not use more than 1 spray on the same area of the skin. Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Evamist may interact with medications such as:
- Aromatase inhibitors such as anastrozole, exemestane or letrozole
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to estradiol
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown cause
- Certain cancers such as breast cancer or cancer of the uterus or ovaries
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Family medical history of breast lumps, cancer, blood clots, or angioedema
- Blood clotting disorders
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol or triglyceride levels
- Low or high level of calcium in the blood
- Uterus problems
- Gallbladder disease
- Migraine headaches
- Psychiatric disorders such as dementia or depression
- Pregnancy or lactation