Generic: Oxybutynin Chloride Gel
Gelnique is a drug used in the treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency. This drug is available as a gel containing oxybutynin chloride 100 milligram in 1 gram.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also use this drug at the same time each day.
This drug is to be applied to the skin only. Avoid using it in the face, groin, or underarms, or for diaper rash, unless told so by your doctor. This drug is to be applied to the area of the skin on the shoulders or upper arms, abdomen, or thigh usually once daily or as directed.
First, wash and dry your hand before applying. Wash your hands after use. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or mucous membranes. If contact occurs, rinse with plenty of water.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Gelnique may interact with medications such as:
- Drugs that can irritate the esophagus or the stomach such as:
- Potassium tablets/capsules
- Oral bisphosphonates including alendronate and etidronate
- Drugs that can cause dry mouth and constipation such as:
- Anticholinergic medications (atropine/scopolamine)
- Antihistamines such as:
- Other antispasmodics includingdicyclomine and belladonna alkaloids
- Certain antihistamines such as:
- Anti-anxiety drugs such as:
- Anti-seizure drugs such as:
- Medicine for sleep such as:
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotic pain relievers such as:
- Psychiatric medicines including phenothiazines such as:
- Tricyclics such as:
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following: