Brand: K-Pek II Tablets
Generic: Loperamide Hydrochloride
K-Pek II Tablets is a drug used to treat diarrhea. This drug is available as a 2 mg tablet.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. Do not crush or chew the drug because it may diminish its effects. This medication should be taken with a full glass of water unless your doctor tells you otherwise. You should swallow the drug whole.
Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also take this drug at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
K-Pek II Tablets may interact with medications such as:
- Recent or current antibiotic use
- Drugs that can cause constipation (anticholinergics such as belladonna, scopolamine or benztropine; antispasmodics such as glycopyrrolate, oxybutynin, potent narcotic pain medicines such as morphine, certain antihistamines such as diphenhydramine, and tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline)
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to loperamide
- Abdominal pain without diarrhea
- Bowel obstruction such as ileus, megacolon or abdominal distention
- Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea
- Black, tarry stools
- Blood, mucus in your stool
- High fever
- HIV infection/AIDS
- Liver problems
- Certain stomach or intestinal infections such as Salmonella or Shigella
- Certain type of bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis
- Pregnancy or lactation