Brand: Maxidex Suspension/Drops
Generic: Maxidex Suspension/Drops
Maxidex suspension/drops is a drug used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions of the eye which are responsive to steroids.
These conditions include allergic conjunctivitis, acne rosacea, superficial punctate keratitis, herpes zoster keratitis, iritis, cyclitis, selected infective conjunctivitis, corneal injury from chemical or thermal burns, or penetration of foreign bodies.
Maxidex suspension/drops is available as suspension/ drops containing dexamethasone 1 milligram in 1 milliliter.
- Wash your hands prior to application. Do not touch the dropper tip or let it touch your eye or any other object to avoid contamination. Next, tilt your head and look upward. Pull down the lower lid and place one drop into the eye. Place one finger at one corner of the eye and press gently to prevent the solution from draining out. Do not rub the treated eye. Repeat as directed. Do not rinse the dropper and replace cap after use.
- This medication should not be used while wearing contact lenses. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for details.
- Other eye drugs should be used at least 5 minutes after applying this drug. Use eye drops before eye ointments.
- If your condition persists or worsens, consult your doctor.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Maxidex suspension/ drops may interact with the medications you are using. Tell your doctor about prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products you may use with Maxidex suspension/ drops.
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as: