Brand: Myphetane Dx
Generic: Brompheniramine Maleate, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride
Myphetane Dx is a drug which is used for the relief of coughs and upper respiratory symptoms, including nasal congestion, associated with allergy or the common cold. This drug is available as syrup containing brompheniramine maleate 2 milligrams in 5 milliliters, dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 milligrams in 5 milliliters and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 milligrams in 5 milliliters.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. Use a measuring spoon. Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also take this drug at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Myphetane Dx may interact with medications such as:
- Antihistamines applied to the skin (such as diphenhydramine cream, ointment, spray)
- Antispasmodics such as atropine or belladonna alkaloids
- MAO inhibitors (isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, moclobemide, phenelzine, procarbazine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine)
- Drugs for Parkinson's disease such as anticholinergics (benztropine, trihexyphenidyl)
- Tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline
- Certain antihistamines such as diphenhydramine
- Anti-seizure drugs such as carbamazepine
- Medicine for sleep or anxiety such as alprazolam, diazepam or zolpidem
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotic pain relievers such as codeine
- Psychiatric medicines such as chlorpromazine, risperidone, amitriptyline or trazodone
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as: