Brand: PC Pen VK, Pen- V
Generic: Penicillin V
PC Pen VK is an antibiotic drug under the penicillin group, used to treat various types of bacterial infection (i.e. ear infection).
Read your medication guide and follow your prescription label at all times.
- Take PC Pen VK by mouth/orally before or after meals per doctor’s prescription.
- Use a standard medicine cup/ spoon (not household spoon) to obtain accurate amount for each dose if you are using the liquid form. Shake the bottle properly before use for suspension preparation of PC Pen VK.
- The dosage depends on your medical condition, weight or treatment response. Do not adjust your dose without your doctor’s recommendation.
- Continue taking PC Pen VK on a regular schedule (same time of the day). Do not stop taking PC Pen VK abruptly without consulting your doctor to prevent relapse of the infection.
Inform your doctor immediately if your condition worsens or does not improve.
Take your missed dose as soon as possible. However, make sure that the time interval between the missed and the next dose is not too close. Otherwise, stick with the regular schedule and leave out the missed dose. Do not double dose to cover up a missed dose. Record your missed doses and inform your doctor immediately if you missed several doses.
PC Pen VK may interact with:
- Methotrexate and
Some drugs may either lessen the beneficial effects or worsen the side effects of PC Pen VK. Likewise, PC Pen VK may make some drugs less efficient or intensify their side effects.
Make sure to inform your doctor about all other drugs you are currently taking or using (prescribed and non-prescribed medications including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products) to check for possible drug interaction with PC Pen VK.
Never alter the doses of other medications while on PC Pen VK neither stop nor start any medicine without the doctor’s recommendation.
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking PC Pen VK, tell your health care provider if you have/are:
- Any allergies to any substance, food or medication, particularly to PC Pen VK, to other penicillin (i.e. amoxicillin, ampicillin) or cephalosporin (i.e. Ceclor, Duricef, )
- Medical history or a present condition such as:
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or currently breastfeeding a baby (PC Pen VK has no known harmful effects to the unborn child but this medication pass through breast milk that may harm the nursing child. The risks and benefits of using this medication during pregnancy must be discussed well with your doctor.)