Brand: Unicap With Iron
Generic: Multivitamin With Iron
Unicap with iron is a multivitamin drug, used to treat deficiency of iron and other vitamins related to poor nutrition, pregnancy, digestive disease and other illnesses.
Read your medication guide and follow your doctor’s prescription at all times.
- Take Unicap with iron orally/ by mouth after meals or with food per doctor’s prescription.
- Do not break, chew or crush sustained/ extended- release preparation (capsule/ tablet) of this multivitamin to prevent releasing its content all at one time that may cause serious side effects.
- Chew the chewable form before swallowing it.
- Use a standard medicine cup/ spoon (not a household spoon) to obtain the accurate amount for each dose if you are using the liquid form of this multivitamin.
- The dosage depends on your medical condition or treatment response. Do not adjust your dose without your doctor’s recommendation.
- Do not take dairy products including milk and other calcium supplements to prevent malabsorption of this multivitamin.
- If you are prescribed to take other medications or multivitamins/ mineral supplements, take those 2 hours before or after your Unicap with iron dose.
- Continue using this medication on a regular schedule (same time of the day). Do not stop taking this medication abruptly without consulting your doctor.
Inform your doctor immediately if your condition aggravates or does not improve.
Take your missed dose as soon as possible. However, make sure that the time interval between the missed and the next dose is not too close. Otherwise, stick with the regular schedule and leave out the missed dose. Do not double dose to cover up a missed dose. Record your missed dose and inform your doctor immediately if you missed several doses.
Unicap with iron may interact with:
- Acetohydroxamic acid
- High blood pressures medicine
- Heart disease medications
- Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole
- Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Naproxen and other NSAIDs
Some drugs may either lessen the beneficial effects or worsen the side effects of Unicap with iron. Likewise, Unicap with iron may make some drugs less efficient or intensify their side effects.
Inform your doctor about all other drugs you are currently taking or using including prescribed and non-prescribed medications including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products to check for possible drug interaction with Unicap with iron.
Never alter the doses of other medications while on Unicap with iron neither stop nor start any medicine without the doctor’s recommendation.
Side Effects: There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking Unicap with iron, tell your health care provider if you have/are:
- Any allergies to any substance, food or medication, particularly to Unicap with iron
- Any medical condition
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or currently breastfeeding a baby (Multivitamins can harm the unborn child if but it is not known if it can pass through breast milk that may harm the nursing child. The risks and benefits of using this medication during pregnancy must be discussed well with your doctor).