Brand: Uro-Jet, AneCream, Anestacon, Bactine, Lidocream, Lidoderm, Lidosense5, LMX 4, Xylocaine
Generic: Lidocaine topical
Uro-Jet is a local anesthetic drug, used to treat discomfort and pain from skin irritation (i.e. insect bites, burns, hemorrhoids, minor cuts, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, scratches, sunburn). This medication blocks the nerve signals in the body to cause numbness and relieve pain and discomfort in the skin.
Read your medication guide and follow your doctor’s prescription at all times.
- Apply a small amount of Uro- Jet topically on the affected skin per doctor’s prescription. This drug is for external use only; so, do not ingest it.
- Wash hands before and after you apply this topical medication unless if the hands are part of the treatment site. Likewise, wash the affected site with water and not irritating soap, rinse properly and pat it dry. You may use a cotton swab or your finger in applying for this medicine.
- The dosage depends on your medical condition, age, weight or treatment response. Do not adjust your dose without your doctor’s recommendation.
- Do not let this topical medication from getting in contact with your eyes, mouth, ears or nose. Otherwise, rinse these sites with water immediately.
- Likewise, avoid applying this medication to severely irritated skin (i.e. deeply wounded, burned, blistered or abrasion).
- Avoid covering the treated site, particularly with water- resistant or plastic bandages to prevent serious side effects related to increased absorption of this medication through the skin.
- Continue using this medication on a regular schedule (same time of the day). Do not stop taking this medication abruptly without consulting your doctor.
Inform your doctor immediately if your condition aggravates or does not improve.
Apply your missed dose as soon as possible unless if this medicine is used whenever needed only. However, make sure that the time interval between the missed and the next dose is not too close. Otherwise, stick with the regular schedule and leave out the missed dose.
Do not double dose to cover up a missed dose. Record your missed dose and inform your doctor immediately if you missed several doses.
Uro-Jet may interact with:
- Propafenone and
Some drugs may either lessen the beneficial effects or worsen the side effects of Uro- Jet. Likewise, Uro- Jet may make some drugs less efficient or intensify their side effects.
Make sure to inform your doctor about all other drugs you are currently taking or using (prescribed and non-prescribed medications including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products) to check for possible drug interaction with Uro-Jet.
Never alter the doses of other medications while on Uro- Jet neither stop nor start any medicine without the doctor’s recommendation.
Side Effects: There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking Uro-Jet, tell your health care provider if you have/are:
- Any allergies to any substance, food or medication, particularly to lidocaine topical (Uro- Jet)
- Medical history or a present condition such as:
- Liver disease
- Broken, damaged or swollen skin
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or currently breastfeeding a baby (Uro- Jet has no expected harmful effects to the unborn child but it can pass through breast milk that may harm the nursing child. The risks and benefits of using this medication during pregnancy must be discussed well with your doctor).