Vasotec is available as a tablet containing 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg or 20 mg of enalapril maleate.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. Do not crush or chew the drug because it may diminish its effects. This medication should be taken with a full glass of water unless your doctor tells you otherwise. You should swallow the drug whole.
Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also take this drug at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
Vasotec may interact with medications such as:
- Drugs that may increase your potassium level such as drospirenone
- Injections for bee/wasp sting allergy
Side Effects: There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to enalapril or to other ACE inhibitors such as benazepril
- History of an allergic reaction which included swelling of the face, mouth or throat (angioedema)
- Blood filtering procedures such as LDL apheresis and dialysis
- High level of potassium in the blood
- Collagen vascular diseases such as lupus and scleroderma
- Pregnancy or lactation