Brand: Zatean CH, CitraNatal 90 DHA, Dualvit OB, Gesticare, Marnatal-F Plus, Multinatal Plus, Novastart, PrimaCare, Zatean-PN, Zatean-PN DHA, Zatean-PN Plus
Generic: Prenatal Multivitamins
Zatean CH is a multivitamin with minerals and fatty acids, used to treat vitamin deficiency before, during and after pregnancy (breastfeeding mothers).
Read your medication guide and follow your doctor’s prescription at all times.
- Take Zatean CH by mouth/orally on an empty stomach (1 hour before or 2 hours after food intake) with a full glass of water, 1- 2 times a day per doctor’s prescription. If you experience stomach upset while on this multivitamin, take it with food.
- If you are using the powder preparation, dissolve it well with water. Do not break, chew or crush the tablet/capsule to prevent adverse effects if you are using the sustained-release form.
- The dosage depends on your medical condition or treatment response. Do not adjust your dose without your doctor’s recommendation.
- Avoid intake of dairy products (i.e. milk), coffee, tea and other products that Calcium (i.e. antacids) because they will decrease the absorption rate of Zatean CH.
- Decrease your intake of salt substitutes.
- Do not take other multivitamin supplement or other product with similar components as Zatean CH (2 hours before or after taking such medication) to prevent vitamin overdose or adverse effects.
- Continue taking Zatean CH on a regular schedule (same time of the day). Do not stop taking this medication abruptly without consulting your doctor.
Inform your doctor immediately if your condition aggravates or does not improve.
Take your missed dose as soon as possible. However, make sure that the time interval between the missed and the next dose is not too close. Otherwise, stick with the regular schedule and leave out the missed dose. Do not double dose to cover up a missed dose. Record your missed doses and inform your doctor immediately if you missed several doses.
Zatean CH may interact with:
- Other Calcium supplements and
- Other multivitamins
Some drugs may either lessen the beneficial effects or worsen the side effects of Zatean CH. Likewise, Zatean CH may make some drugs less efficient or intensify their side effects.
Make sure to inform your doctor about all other drugs you are currently taking or using (prescribed and non-prescribed medications including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products) to check for possible drug interaction with Zatean CH.
Never alter the dose of other medications while on Zatean CH neither stop nor start any medicine without the doctor’s recommendation.
Side Effects: There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking Zatean CH, tell your health care provider if you have/are:
- Any allergies to any substance, food or medication, particularly to prenatal multivitamins (Zatean CH)
- Medical history or a present condition such as:
- Liver, Stomach or Intestinal disease
- Iron overload disorder
- Alcohol dependence/ abuse
- Sodium restricted diet
- Pernicious anemia
- Bleeding problems
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or currently breastfeeding a child (Zatean CH passes through breast milk but it is unknown if it can harm the nursing child. The risk and benefits of using this medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding should be discussed thoroughly with your doctor.)