13 Hospitals with the Best Benefits. Is It Time to Move?
No matter where you are in your career, you still need to have the perks and benefits that other professions have to offer. Benefits can include health insurance, tuition reimbursement, bonuses, and even some company discounts. Working in a hospital is exciting, busy, and often full of surprises. Hospitals are generally managed by large corporations and can offer you a full range of perks, but where should you start looking for them?
Employees have rated their hospital careers based off their benefits, employers' treatment of staff, and their sense of staff loyalty. We have gathered the top hospitals that we believe offer the best benefits to their employees.
1. Bailey Medical Center in Owasso
Its employees recognize Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma as one of the top places to work in the healthcare field. The Center has enhanced benefits for their employees that include:
- Health and life insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Cash for employee referral bonuses
- Ties with Verizon, Dell, Hertz, and many more companies that give employees discounts on purchases.
- Some MC positions have sign-on bonuses.
2. Stanford Medical Center
Stanford Medical Center is number one on the list of great hospitals with excellent benefits. Stanford is located in California and connected to Stanford University. The benefits for nurses include:
- 11 paid holidays (including your birthday)
- Three weeks paid vacation after you have worked for one year
- Tuition assistance to further your specialty
- Childcare and pre-school on campus
- Full health benefits and coverage for partners
- Subsidized training for career growth
- Carpool assistance program
- Free shuttle to take you through the campus
- Work/Life Center
3. Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia
Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia is an academic health care system that was listed as one of the Top Workplaces in 2011 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The hospital has many perks and discounts for child and elderly care. Some other great benefits are:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings plans with a 2% employer contribution
- New Grad Nursing program that gives students the opportunity to transfer into full-time professional work
- Committed to the S. Armed Forces by employing 286 veterans.
4. Arkansas Children's Hospital
Arkansas Children’s Hospital has approximately 3,283 employees and is a great career start if you want to work with children. The benefits Arkansas Children’s Hospital offers:
- Onsite childcare
- Fitness center
- Wellness Programs
- Shuttle service and free parking
- Tuition assistance
- 24-hour security service
5. Methodist Hospital System in Houston, Texas
Methodist Hospital System is based in Houston, Texas and has four separate hospitals to choose from. This hospital was named on one the World’s Best Hospitals by the US News and World Report, and Fortune magazine has even called Methodist Hospital one of the Best Places to Work. Methodist Hospital System has medical access across four different continents and includes an international physician referral program. There are 10,481 employees in the system. Employment at Methodist Hospital System gives you:
- On-site fitness center
- Job sharing programs
- Compressed workweek
- Telecommuting options
- Tuition reimbursement educational assistance program
- College scholarship for your children
- Legal and adoption assistance
Read on to see which other hospitals made the list!
Photo source: Stanford Medical Center/Robert Skolmen