15 Quotes Only Autism Moms Will Understand
Mothers of children with autism know how unique their experience is, and they know that autism does not define their child or who they aspire to be. They define themselves.
Here are 15 quotes that only autism moms will understand.
Autism is something that is not yet completely understood by individuals, so it tends to create a number of delusions in the mind. The facts have to be cleared of any misconception, which just gets transferred from one individual to another unless corrected. There have been cases of children who suffer from autism as well as certain accompanying symptoms, one of which is delayed speech, or finding it difficult to use certain kinds of words for communication. In other cases, some autistic children appear to have very well developed speech. In a few instances, there are children who speak much earlier than their otherwise normal peers. Parents of an autistic child understand how unique their experience is and will continue to be, especially mothers since, in most cases, they are the ones dealing with and handling the child. Below are 15 quotes that can only be understood by these mothers:
- “Connection is what moves this world forward. Connection is a profound human experience.” – Jenny Palmiotto, The Art of Autism.
- “Autism is diversity.”
- “Your greatest contribution to the universe may not be something you do, but someone you raise.”
- “Autism is a journey I never planned, but I sure do love my tour guide.”
- “Autism doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a parent who never gives up.”
- “When a family focuses on ability instead of disability, all things are then possible.”
- “People with autism all have a tremendous gift. It’s a matter of finding that gift and nurturing it.” – Edie Brannigan
- “You have the heart to feel when the world will take forever to see.”
- “Autism is as much a part of humanity as is the capacity to dream.”
- “Within every living child exists the most precious bud of self-identity.”
- “You don’t have a big enough imagination for what your child can become.” – Johnny Seitz
- “The world needs different kinds of minds to work together.” – Dr. Temple Grandin
- “Before the diagnosis, I thought that my son did things differently than the other children because he was bright. Turns out, I was right.”
- “Showing kindness towards those who are different and embracing our imperfections as proof of our own humanness is the remedy to fear.” – Emma Zurcher-Long
- “Love the child in front of you. Encourage his strengths, celebrate his quirks, and improve his weakness.” – Claire Scovell-LaZebnik
Dealing with and taking the responsibility of an autistic child is always a challenge that many moms have to face. At times, it can be quite frustrating or it can bring anger, but the key to handling such cases is through a great deal of patience. So, the above quotes are a dedication to all of those mothers who take up such challenges with a smile on their face and do not show remorse or regret. They are the ones who have all the love and kindness in their hearts to take care of their unique children.