Gastroenterologist Questions Gastroesophageal Acid Reflux

Can digene be given to elderly patients?

My mother is 79 years old and has been suffering from GERD. Can we give her digene considering her age?

4 Answers

I'm not familiar with Digene. I don't think this is given in the U.S. Anyway, looking at the ingredients, it seems to be okay for a 79-year-old, though I would also venture to guess that it doesn't have much benefit clinically either.
This is not the treatment for GERD. Your MOM needs to see a gastroenterologist for evaluation.
Yes you can give PPI to older patients.
ONLY for short term use, for relief of GERD.