Dentist Questions Adult teeth

I never grew out of my buck teeth. What should I do?

I could have had it fixed a while ago, but both my mom and I felt that I would grow out of my buck teeth and I never had braces or anything of the like to get it fixed. Now I'm in my twenties, and absolutely hate how my front teeth look. Can I still have this fixed?

16 Answers


Please consult a dental professional to help determine the best treatment for you. This could include braces or Invisalign.

Thank you for your question.
Absolutely. Orthodontic treatment is effective for all ages. Get a good workup and explanation before you engage as teeth move slower in adults since the bone is more developed.
You are never too old to fix your smile.
This is definitely something that can be fixed. The first step would be to see an orthodontist for evaluation. Typically this can be fixed through braces or Invisalign.
Many adults get braces. It’s never too late to straighten your teeth!!
Of course! Go see an orthodontist. You are almost never too old to get braces and you will be happy that you did.
See a dentist who performs Invisalign. Preferably visit an orthodontist. You certainly cannot go through life without smiling. Fixing your buck teeth will absolutely change your life. Do it today!
You have protrusion and it may be double involving the teeth or it may be skeletal which is hereditary. You need to see an orthodontist in order to be able to evaluate the proper method of treating. But you are correct this is only going to get worse as you get older and begin to experience shifting of the teeth. It's better to attack list now and especially if you have not had your wisdom teeth out yet
Yes, it is never too late to have orthodontics (braces). I would suggest you reach out to an orthodontist in your area.
You sure can. You will, more than likely, need to visit an orthodontist.
Yes, Orthodontics is frequently done on adults. Ask your dentist to refer you to the best Orthodontist in your area.

Yes, this can definitely be addressed. Many adults have orthodontic treatment done. We have patient’s as old as 80 years old who undergo orthodontic treatment. Also, there are a variety of different options to address your “buck teeth.” The first step is to start with an initial consultation to learn more about what you can do.

Have a great day!
Absolutely! You can still have it fixed . Braces will help straighten and enhanced your smile and if your ready for it, the best way is to visit your Dentist or an Orthodontist and have the evaluation. Your dentist will request for orthodontic records to help in diagnosing your situation.
Thank you for your question and I hope this helps.
Yes, you are able to have teeth fixed at any age. The treatment plan depends on the actual cause of your “buck teeth,” also called “excess overbite”:

1) Your upper teeth may be flared out with lots of spacing present. If that is the case, then closing those spaces in a certain way will correct your problem.
2) Your problem may be caused by a dental problem requiring us to move the teeth in each jaw in a certain way to correct the excess overbite. You may or may not require extractions.
3) You may have a true jaw discrepancy. Your upper jaw may be too big OR your lower jaw may be too small. Each problem requires a different solution.

The best thing for you to do is visit the orthodontist (a specialist in orthodontics) and have a complete examination performed. Orthodontic records (X-rays, photos, impressions, or scans) will probably suggested to receive an exact diagnosis & a treatment plan. You will probably be given some different options of treatment.
Good luck achieving a beautiful smile. It’s definitely worth the time & finances that you will invest.
You are never too old for orthodontic treatment (as long as you are willing to undergo treatment).
Absolutely! With modern technology, age is not a barrier for excellent orthodontic treatment. You will be able to choose clear braces, fast 6 months braces technique or traditional braces depending on your preference and complexity of your case.