Psychiatrist Questions Psychiatrist

Should I see a psychiatrist for ADHD?

I think my daughter has ADHD. What should I do? Should I see a psychiatrist for ADHD?

3 Answers

Hello,a neuropsychologist can do testing to determine if a patient has ADHD. A psychiatrist can prescribe medication for ADHD. There are several medications available.
A detailed history and cognitive evaluation by a psychologist would be a
good first step.
First take Dr. Amen's screening assessment for ADD. Consider signing up for Purchase resource book called healing ADD by Dr. Amen
then...see this link