Orthopedist Questions Orthopedist

When should I see a podiatrist for foot pain?

I am a 38 year old male and I have foot pain. When should I see a podiatrist for foot pain?

6 Answers

I would see your primary care doctor first and have them assess, possibly get X-rays, and see if they think you should be referred to a podiatrist.
After you try the following: change your shoes, stretch your muscles/ligaments on your feet, try foot reflexology/massage.
A Podiatrist specializes in foot pain. If you have been experiencing foot pain for more than 1-2 months, you should see a podiatrist. You will be happy you did, as most patients leave with a good diagnosis and treatment plan, and their pains are usually resolved expediently
Foot pain is not normal. If you are having pain, something is off. I recommend you make an appointment with a podiatrist as soon as possible
When you first started having foot pain, always good to have it looked at as soon as possible.