Chiropractor Questions foot pain

Can a chiropractor help in treating foot pain?

Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of heel pain, probably because of the amount I've gained. Can a chiropractor help me in treating this foot pain?

25 Answers

Yes. A chiropractor can diagnose your foot pain, if the chiropractor can treat that diagnosis, it is an effective option.
Yes, a Chiropractor can help. You need to be diagnosed first before the correct treatment can be prescribed, but a first easy start would be to stretch lightly your calf muscles and achilles tendon since that is where the tendon attaches, under the heel. Stretching the muscles and tendon can possibly help take the pressure of its attachment off the heel bone called the Calcaneus. Hope i helped. Got your back! Dr. Todd Gewant
Yes they can. Go to and search their data base in your area for a chiropractor that prescribes their product. Some also offer weight loss programs that are very effective and would be a plus in helping to relieve your pain
The short answer is yes. However, you will want to work on losing the weight as that will start to hinder other things with your body.
A chiropractor could potentially help with the foot pain but it would be through a more indirect approach. Maintaining proper spinal alignment would help to improve your posture and bio-mechanics. This in turn could help distribute the weight over your feet properly and potentially improve the heel pain you are experiencing.
It depends! See a podiatrist first. If no help, then see a chiropractor.
Depends on the cause of the pain, but, generally, yes.
Chiropractic and Active Release Technique have a number of great protocols for helping foot pain. In our office we can help the foot and also see if that it causing any problems in the knees or hips that can lead to further injuries.
Absolutely, I would search for a Chiropractor that offers extremity adjustments and soft tissue therapy.
Yes, you may have a heel spur that has flared up due to excess pressure or weight or you may have plantar fasciitis. A chiropractor with laser and ultrasound can help both of these conditions.
Yes a chiropractor can treat foot pain. Not only will your weight be contributing to your foot pain but most likely there have been biomechanical changes which have put stress on parts of your foot that should not have excessive stress. A chiropractor can help correct that and give advise on nutrition to help with weight loss and control.
You may have flat feet (pes planus) or plantar fasciitis (painful feet). Other causes may be leg length difference, thereby putting more pressure on your longer leg while walking. Treatment can include a posture check, foot adjustment, and perhaps you may need some custom foot orthoics to allieviate pain not only in your feet but pain in other parts of your body.
First, we would need to get an x-ray so we can determine if you have an heel spur. If you do, a shockwave therapy would be recommended.

You may suffer from a plantar fascitis: in this case I would recommend a laser therapy.

Heel pain can also be cause by a pinched nerve in your low back. An history and exam would tell us if it is a possibility. If it was the case, an x-ray or MRI of your low back would be necessary to diagnose your condition.
Thank you for your question.

Chiropractic can help treat foot pain by ensuring the muscles and joints in the foot, ankle, and pelvis are functioning properly. Here is a great article on how chiropractic can help with foot pain.

If you are looking for a chiropractor, here is a great list of evidence-based chiropractors around the world.!map
Yes! We can help! I treat conditions of the heel and foot almost every day.
Foot pain can come from the foot, the knee, the pelvic bone, the low back but also organs (google reflexology) and cranial misalignment. In order to better serve you, finding a chiropractor that understand all the above would be more beneficial to narrow down the reason why your foot is hurting.

Hope this help,

Dr S aka Dr. Awesome
Most likely a chiropractor who is skilled in extremity adjusting can help. You do need to understand there's more to heel pain though. You do need to lose the weight. Many chiropractors, myself included, also specialize in nutrition and can help you lose the weight safely. Likewise, many DCs also work with orthotics to help support your feet and spine.
Yes we can. We can build custom foot inserts as well as adjust the bones of the feet. Most chiropractors offer weight loss programs or nutritional guidance as well.
As most questions go, it depends on what is causing the foot pain that you have. You need a diagnosis about what is causing the foot pain. It could be anything from Planter Fasciitis, to a dropped arch, to a tumor in the foot. Chiropractors can help with various ailments in the foot by adjusting the bones in the foot and ankle, and using various therapy techniques.
Yes many doctors are trained in extremities and extensive evaluation of them and how they are affecting the human frame and gait of the patient.
Chiropractic can be a safe and effective treatment option. Chiropractic can offer relief through chiropractic adjustments as well as rehabilitative modalities to help the pain stay away in the future. Since every persona and case is different, you should consult with your local chiropractor to learn more about your treatment options.
Yes, a chiropractor can help with heel pain as long as they are certified in extremities or sports medicine. It sounds like you may have plantar fasciitis, which affects the heel, especially when first walking in the morning or after a long period of sitting. Adjustments to the foot, muscle therapy, and maybe even some cold laser can help with it. Weight gain can contribute to the pain, so exercise is a must eventually to help avoid it further.
You may consider consulting a chiro or a podiatrist. A chiro can help balance your hips, knees, ankles, feet to get pressure off. May even look into a practitioner that does ART - Active Release Technique. Of course, losing weight is key as well.

Great question! Good luck!

A Chiropractor will do an evaluation to see what the cause of the foot pain is and then following eval will most likely be able to do some therapy and adjustments to help reduce and possibly relieve the pain.