Infectious Disease Specialist Questions Rashes

Who should I consult for a rash after unprotected sex?

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend after which I had a strange burning sensation and a rash also appeared. I am on birth control and we have been together for a long time so we don't use condoms. However this is the first time this has happened. Should I go to a dermatologist, my primary, or my OBGYN?

6 Answers

Your PCP
Thanks. You should go to your Ob-Gyn. This is most likely either yeast or an allergy.
You should seek evaluation from your GYN.
Primary care physician

G. Dickinson
Your family doctor would be my first choice.
Don't delay, see your primary doctor.