Chiropractor Questions Back Pain

My son has very bad back pain. What can I do?

My son is only 7 years old and he has very bad back pain. This has been chronic, and has been experiencing this for 2 months. Is there anything I can do for him? Should we see a chiropractor?

13 Answers

I would absolutely consider going to a chiropractor to get it examined to see if they can help you.
100 %, please find a nearest trained chiropractor in pediatrics on
If the pain is really severe i recommend taking him in for evaluation by any rehabilitative doctor. They will be able to best advise you on what is going on or where would be the best place to take him for treatment
Children need Chiropractic care as well especially if they are having any of the signs of subluxations such as neck pain, headaches or back pain. We will perform a structural and comprehensive chiropractic and orthopedic examination to determine what is the cause of his back pain. Muscle testing and postural analysis will also be performed to see where there might be muscle weakness or imbalance leading to structural changes. It is very important to address these structural changes as early as possible and while the child is growing so they don’t become permanent. If needed we can also order xrays, mri or blood work to help with diagnosing your sons issues.

Yes, make an appointment as soon as possible. Chiropractors treat people from birth to very mature. After an examination, chiropractic is great for relieving pain.
Best of health!

Dr. Moon
Your son should most definitely seek chiropractic care. Of course, a thorough history along with orthopedic and neurological examination needs to be done to assess what is causing his pain.
Take him to a Doctor of Chiropractic and get a professional evaluation.  I see children daily it is important to see what the problem is.
As soon as possible!
Certainly you may take your son to a chiropractor. An examination to find the reason for your child's chronic back pain is the first step. There are many reasons for unrelenting back pain and seeing a chiropractor is a very good choice to start with. Thank you for asking.
It is very unusual for a 7 y.o. to have bad chronic back pain, so I would definitely suggest a visit to a chiropractor to evaluate. You can also visit your pediatrician to rule out other issues with growth and development. Pediatric chiropractors specialize in children of his age and are trained further than general chiropractors in pediatric issues. Look up that term when searching to see if there is one in your area.

Vishal K. Verma, DC, CCSP

Take him to get an exam and treatment.
Chiropractic can help your son, especially if the pain was caused by physical trauma. However, I would first take him to his Pediatrician to make sure the back pain is not a symptom of anything else. Constipation and other internal or systemic conditions can cause back pain too.