Hospice and Palliative Care Specialist Questions Depression

How can a palliative care specialist help my father suffering from cancer?

My father has been diagnosed with cancer and understandably has been extremely upset. He admits he is depressed. Can a palliative care specialist help him?

1 Answer

Palliative care would focus on providing care to improve symptoms for your father. They will also provide support to your father and caregivers to guide all through the progression of disease. They will also be able to provide smooth transition to hospice services. Recommend to reach out to primary care physician to obtain a palliative care consult.