Chiropractor Questions Leg pain

I have sudden pain in my left leg. How can it be treated?

I have this strange pain in my left leg, which came up quite suddenly. I feel like it's strain from working out though, since I started fairly recently. How can this be treated?

20 Answers

I recommend calling your primary care physician first to rule out more serious possibilities. A chiropractor can perform a musculoskeletal examination of the region to determine if the pain is being caused by a muscle strain. If the pain is caused due to a muscle strain, a chiropractor can create a treatment plan to effectively treat it. Treatment can include a variety of therapies such as manual therapy, exercise therapies, ultrasound, and taping.
You what may be a sciatic neuritis. This can come on suddenly. If treated soon after the onset, the results can be quick to come and the healing established. A Gonstead spine work-up with a nerve scan, physical exam, and X-ray will determine the segment(s) that need treatment.
RICES: REST ICE COMPRESS ELEVATE SUPPORT. That is the DIY of an injury for the first 24-72 hours. Chiropractic would be a good start as well since structure effects function. Hope i helped. Got your back! Dr. Todd Gewant
Two things come to mind, sciatica and/or tendonitis from over use. Chiropractic treatment combined with myofascial release can help both of these.
Heat on the muscles is a great start as well as light stretching and short walks.
I would recommend that you see a chiropractor for an assessment because there’s many causes of leg pain. You may have a pinched nerve which technically is in your lumbar spine and can Be easily corrected with a chiropractic adjustment. Your chiropractor can also recommend stretches to ensure pain is alleviated in the future.
Thank you for your question.

Discomfort and pain from working out is typically best treated with rest and plenty of water.

If the discomfort does not go away after 2-3 days, it could be caused by something else. At that point, it is recommended to visit an evidence-based chiropractor to determine the cause of the pain and the proper treatment.

Here is a list of evidence-based chiropractors around the world.!map
Many Chiropractors offer soft tissue therapy which will speed the healing process of the leg.
The best way to be sure is to do an examination. I would suggest to see a chiropractor for a proper examination of the foot, knee, hip, pelvic and low back vertebra since all of these structures can affect the leg. Then, I would also suggest blood work to see if an organ can be affecting since intestine reflexes to the leg among others.

Finding a SOT(R) Method chiropractor would give you more answer since they also have ways to determined if the organ are also reflexing to a structure. This is call a viscero-somatic reflex.

Hope this help,
Dr S aka Dr. Awesome
Depends on where the pain is coming from. Leg pain can be caused by a low back problem. It can be caused by a vascular (blood) problem, or could be a local muscle problem. You need to get it diagnosed in order to decide how to treat it as each problem has different treatments.
Only an exam and consult could tell. Try icing for at home remedy and in a few days if it isn't improving get checked out by DC. Could be a pinched nerve in your back
First thing you need to do is get to a qualified health care professional to determine where the pain is originating from. If it’s muscular it will resolve on its own within a few days. If it’s a nerve related issue it could be sciatica caused by nerve impingement in your back. That can be a spinal issue or a disc problem. A chiropractic exam would help determine which.
It sounds like a pinched nerve. It can be treated with chiropractic, physical therapy and decompression therapy.

Pain in the leg could mean many things. You may have strained it, as you stated, due to working out and that would be a dull, achy, and tight feeling in the leg muscles. If there is a sharp pain, tingling, burning, or other high intensity type pain, you may have a nerve pinch or tear of some kind. Muscle strains can be stretched or worked out, but nerve pain or tearing has to be addressed clinically.
The pain could be a muscle strain or could be ligament related. Also a good chance there is a nerve that is involved.

Go have a chiropractor check through your lower back and pelvis! Those nerves go into the legs and the muscles that attach in the leg attach at the pelvis also!

A thorough exam and X-rays should be done as soon as possible.
Yes. What is concerning is that you had pain come on quite suddenly without any history of trauma. I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor to examine you and try to rehab your leg issues.
It's best to see a chiropractor first to stay aligned and balanced while you are working out. If it is a shooting pain down your leg, it is possible it's sciatica. However, if it is just an ache, it could be hamstring strain. Regardless, see your chiropractor, please.
This could be an array of different problems. You could have strained a hamstring, hip rotator, gluteal muscle (referral can be down the leg), or sprained the SI joint, have a hip flexor spasm, sciatica, or a disc problem. Now all of those are some of the differentials of what it could be if the pain is only going into the back of the leg. See either a PT or a Chiropractor for treatment. They will most likely do soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization or adjustment, and passive therapies (Stim, Ultrasound, traction) of course all of this is dependent upon what they find on examination. Then once the pain is reduced and the chances of re injury decrease progressive exercises would be added. And if the pain does not improve over the first 4 weeks then I would suggest imaging and seeing possibly an Orthopedist.
A strain you would generally feel in a muscle in that area. A radicular pain could be caused by a number of different conditions. First thing conservatively would be rest and ice. You mention starting recently. Start off slowly, easily at first, and work your way up and into the condition. I see a number of patients that start off too quickly and injure or aggravate an old injury. If you find, after a rest period, the symptoms remain, I would advise seeking a healthcare provider who treats this type of injury. Being a chiropractor, sports practitioner, and extremity adjuster, I see these types of injury on a daily basis.