Optometrist Questions Amblyopia

What treatment do you recommend for amblyopic eye?

My daughter has been diagnosed with amblyopic eye and she is 18 years old. Is there any treatment that you would recommend for her condition?

3 Answers

I would recommend visiting an optometrist specializing in vision therapy to properly assess the severity of your daughter's amblyopic eye, and possible treatment options.
I recommend an evaluation with a skilled eyecare professional. There are many different causes of Amblyopia, an astute provider could create realistic goals. Without knowing your daughters specific visual needs, I couldn't provide specific advice.
Patching the good eye 4 hours a day, 5 days a week and follow-up in 8 weeks with the eye doctor. Other cases require strabismus surgery.