Dentist Questions Dentist

What is the best medicine for swollen gums?

I am a 21 year old male and I have swollen gums. What is the best medicine for swollen gums?

8 Answers

Getting your teeth cleaned at a dental office will reduce the swelling in your gums immediately
You need to make an appointment to see your dentist regarding your gum. Meanwhile, flossing using warm salt water or rinsing with listening mouthwash would help for swelling gum.
Swollen gums is usually an early sign of gum disease and gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss. Better get your teeth professionally cleaned and start using dental floss. Have a dentist examine your gums to rule out more serious problems like leukemia. 

Please visit your dentist to find out why the gums are swollen. As a temporary measure, warm salt water rinses and an over-the-counter antibacterial rinse will help.
It depends upon what is causing the swelling. See a dentist to get a proper diagnosis.
First thing needed is a diagnosis of why you have swollen gums. Is it generalized or localized periodontitis, or an abcessed tooth, or some other systemic disease manifest in the gums. Knowing this would give a better idea of which medication would be better or even if you need a medication or gum therapy or both or a referral to a medical doctor.
See your American Dental Association dentist. He or she can fix it.

Dr. Sassack
You need to see a dentist.