To assess their risk with doctors, patients should also keep these Alzheimer's symptoms in mind
In addition to this risk assessment, patients should also relate the following symptoms to their practitioner:
- Memory loss that gets in the way of their daily routine.
- Extra challenges to problem solving, planning, or completing familiar tasks.
- Difficulty with discerning visual images.
- Difficulty with communicating.
- Lapse in judgment that worsens over time.
- “Losing” possessions and not being able to retrace steps.
- Changes in personality, increased “moodiness”.
- Lack of desire to work or socialize.