Thomas F Parente MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease2101 Nightingale Ln Tavares FL, 32778
Dr. Thomas Parente is a cardiologist practicing in Tavares, FL. Dr. Parente specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Parente also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine - Far Eastern University 1987
Far Eastern University Institute of Medicine 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Maimonides Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center Program
- Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgery - (Long Island College Hospital)
- Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY - Cardiology
Thomas F Parente MD's Practice location
Thomas F Parente MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parente
- Vitamin E May Not Prevent Heart Failure in Women
According to a new study, vitamin E supplementation may not reduce the risk of heart failure in women. This study is the first of its kind, focusing on the effectiveness of vitamin E supplementation in the prevention of heart failure. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect the body from...
- Calcium Supplements Can Increase Your Risk for Heart Attacks
According to new research, calcium supplements are usually taken by elderly people and post-menopausal women to prevent their bones from thinning. Now, it may increase the risk of a heart attack. Researchers suggest that these drugs should be taken with caution.Some of the earlier studies reported...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Using Losartan in Treating Hypertension
Unfortunately, there is an increasing prevalence of hypertension, which is the term used to indicate high blood pressure with a reading of 140/90 mm Hg or higher. It is being blamed on living a modern lifestyle, the frequency of alcohol and tobacco intake, certain physical activities, and processed...
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- Prabhakara Babu Kunamneni MD1815 SALK AVE TAVARES FL 32778
- Louis J Kantounis MD845 OAKLEY SEAVER DR CLERMONT FL 34711
- Sundeep Mediratta MD2080 OAKLEY SEAVER DR CLERMONT FL 34711
- Thiruvallur Ecchambadi Vallabhan MD929 N Us Highway 441 Lady Lake FL 32159
- Hector L Garcia M.D.1020 E North Blvd Leesburg FL 34748
- Vishnu P Yelamanchi MD1050 Old Camp Rd The Villages FL 32162