Dr. Mark A Plunkett MD
Ophthalmologist5011 Burnet Rd Austin TX, 78756
Dr. Plunkett is a board certified Ophthalmologist. He grew up in Spring, Texas, and is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin. He attended medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern ...
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1991
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
Dr. Mark A Plunkett MD's Practice location
Austin, TX 78756Get Direction
Dr. Mark A Plunkett MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Plunkett
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- Thomas T. Henderson M.D.3410 Far West Boulevard Austin Texas 78731
- Dr. Joseph Meyer M.D.1880 ROUND ROCK AVE ROUND ROCK TX 78681
- Dr. Jose Martinez MD801 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Natalie Stanciu M.D.5656 Bee Caves Rd West Lake Hills TX 78746
- Dr. Elizabeth Roberts Vreeland M.D.302 University Blvd Round Rock TX 78665
- Dr. Russell A Hayhurst M.D.901 W 38th St Austin TX 78705