Dr. Edward Sweeney is an internist practicing in Belle Vernon, PA. Dr. Sweeney specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Sweeney provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 1980
- A high-risk method for studying psychosocial antecedents of chronic pain: the prospective investigation of herpes zoster.
- Cutaneous clues to heroin addiction.
- Dermatologic evaluation of pruritus in patients on hemodialysis.
- An unusual case of North American blastomycosis in New Jersey: its clinical course and response to amphotericin B.
- St Francis Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Edward W Sweeney D.O.'s Practice location
Belle Vernon, PA 15012Get Direction
Dr. Edward W Sweeney D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Drug Interaction?
IntroductionAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 20,000 deaths annually happen due to unintentional drug poisoning. Moreover, the US Food and Drug Administration stated that four or more prescribed medications are concurrently taken by 40 percent of Americans,...
- Do Irregular Periods Cause Infertility: How to Get Pregnant
Any woman can feel a great deal of anxiety when experiencing irregular periods. However, several women have been affected by it and have become a common problem of women these days. If a woman misses her period, it can be a sign of pregnancy, but having irregular periods may also indicate some...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
IntroductionThe vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable...
- How to Avoid the Flu During Flu Season
Tips to prevent the flu:Get flu shots – Flu vaccinations still remain the best way to prevent flu in the season. One should ideally get vaccinated in fall to avoid the chances of getting flu. If one has missed it, try to get the shot in winter. One can chose either a flu shot that contains killed...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- How Can I Improve my Metabolic Rate?
A number of factors, apart from your genes, decide the rate at which food is broken down in our body to release much needed energy. This includes body size, age, gender, hormonal levels, and physical activity. Thankfully, metabolic rate can be increased, irrespective of gender, body size, or age.Of...
- Chris M. Allen580 S. Aiken Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15232
- Dr. Katie McClelland D.O.3104 Unionville Road Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066
- Dr. Kay Lovig M.D.3459 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Anthony P Yates MD339 6th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Dr. Michele L Organist MD5140 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Ellen S Berne MD5140 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224