Dr. Ziad Issa is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Issa performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Jordan, Fac Of Med, Amman, Jordan 1994
University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Appropriate or inappropriate ICD therapy?
- Mechanism of transition from irregular to regular supraventricular tachycardia.
- Pacemaker inhibition: a manifestation of an unusual form of device-device interaction.
- An approach to ablate and pace:AV junction ablation and pacemaker implantation performed concurrently from the same venous access site.
- Inadvertent transposition of defibrillator coil terminal pins causing inappropriate ICD therapies.
- Mechanism of wide complex tachycardia in a structurally normal heart.
- Mechanism of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia with ventriculoatrial conduction block.
- Pulmonary vein antrum isolation: enduring the test of time.
- Noninvasive diagnosis of inadvertent transposition of defibrillator coil terminal pins.
- Left atrial appendage filling defects on 64-slice multidetector computed tomography in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation: predictors and comparison to transesophageal echocardiography.
- Transarterial pacemaker lead implantation results in acute myocardial infarction.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Flutter
- In Univ Sch Of Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; In Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine; Nassau Co Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Ziad F Issa M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62701Get Direction
Ziad F Issa M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Soliman A Soliman MD800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Michael Hyun-ook Kim MD747 N RUTLEDGE ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Bernard B Lim MD619 E Mason St Springfield IL 62701
- Eric Chi-ping Mak M.D.800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Kriegh P Moulton M.D.619 E Mason St Springfield IL 62701
- Brian D Miller M.D.619 E MASON ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62701