Dr. Thomas Brecht is a psychologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Brecht specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Brecht evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Brecht because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Thomas C. Brecht PHD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35243Get Direction
CULLMAN, AL 35055Get Direction
Dr. Thomas C. Brecht PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- This Program Invites Families Affected by Autism to Go Out to Eat
A child throwing a fit in a restaurant is a nightmare for all parents. For parents of children with autism, this can be a more frequent reality.Autism Eats is in its third year of inviting families affected by autism to enjoy a restaurant dinner. Here, it is okay if a child has a meltdown. Any...
- How Integrated Classrooms Can Benefit Children with Autism
Children who have learning disabilities or other conditions on the autism spectrum often find themselves placed in special education. The idea behind special education is a positive one. It allows teachers to give more attention and care to students that need it the most. It also allows teachers to...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Laura L. English3104 Blue Lake Drive Vestavia Hills Alabama 35243
- Dr. Diana Lynn Paulk PHD3499 Independence Drive Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Richard Edison Beth PH.D.3701 Loop Rd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Angela J Adams PHD2702 11th Ave N Birmingham AL 35234
- Dr. Barbara Nissenbaum PSY.D.2109 Darlington St Birmingham AL 35226
- Dr. James M Flournoy PHD2 Riverchase Ridge Birmingham AL 35244