Dr. Richard Balaban is a psychologist practicing in Bloomington, IN. Dr. Balaban specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Balaban evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Balaban because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Richard Melvin Balaban PHD's Practice location
Bloomington, IN 47404Get Direction
Richard Melvin Balaban PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Gene Linked to Autism Can Cause More Anxiety and Seizures, Study Finds
A recent study has found that a gene linked to autism causes mice to have more seizures and anxiety. Dr. Jill Silverman is an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Davis. She led a team of researchers to study this particular gene in mice. The recently published their...
- Autism: Coping with Shopping and Sensory Overload
The neurodevelopmental disorders collectively referred to as autism affects every person differently. Autism presents as a certain set of behaviors that can limit a person’s ability to interact with others. Autism is characterized by certain outwardly visible behaviors such as speech difficulties...
- What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder is a mental disorder characterized by unstable emotions and behavior patterns. Their unpredictable moods and behavior may lead to issues in relationships. People with this disorder often have low self-esteem. They often tend to view themselves as being the...
- What is the Difference Between Anxiety and Depression?
All individuals, at some point or another in their life, undergo negative feelings like stress, sadness, anxiety, and depression. While these emotions are a normal part of everyone’s life, for certain people, they may turn into a serious medical condition that eventually impacts their quality of...
- Dr. Christina Marie Kephart PHD, HSPP413 W Howe St Bloomington IN 47403
- Dr. Stefanie Greenberg Mokhtarian PH.D.600 N Jordan Ave Bloomington IN 47405
- Dr. Richard Bernard Reed ED.D.2115 E 3rd St Bloomington IN 47401
- Dr. Alexa Zalopany Casey PSY.D.159 Walters Dr Christiansburg VA 24073
- Dr. Andrew Joseph Shea PH.D.600 N Jordan Ave Bloomington IN 47405
- Dr. Cami R. Lokken PH.D.655 S Clarizz Blvd Bloomington IN 47401