Dr. Michael W Steppie MD
Dermatologist | MOHS-Micrographic Surgery1118 Cypress Glen Circle Kissimmee FL, 34741
Dr. Michael Steppie is a dermatologist practicing in Orlando, FL. Dr. Steppie specializes in skin cancer treatment, especially MOHS Micrographic Surgery. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Steppie diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
American University of The Caribbean; Plymouth, Montserrat Medicine
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Board of Directors American Association of Physicians Specialist 2018 - Present
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology Florida State University College of Medicine (Orlando Regional Campus) 2012 - Present
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology University of Central Florida College of Medicine 2011 - 2012
- Chair of Dermatology American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) 2010 - 2012
- Vice Chair of Dermatology American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) 2007 - 2009
- Physician of the Year Award2012American Academy of Physicians Specialists (AAPS)
- Dedicated Service of 10 Years2016St. Cloud Regional Center
- Physician of the Year2012American Academy of Physicians Specialists (AAPS)
- Humanitarian Service2010We Care (county program of medical volunteers to provide free medical care, including surgery)
- Physician Recognition2006American Medical Association (AMA)
- Physician Recognition2005American Medical Association (AMA)
- Patient's Choice2012Vitals
- Patient's Choice2013Vitals
- Patient's Choice2014Vitals
- Top 10 Doctor in Orlando2014Vitals
- Top Physicians2018Orlando Family Magazine
- Top Physicians2017Orlando Family Magazine
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Florida Medical Association
- Professional Lifetime Member | Skin Cancer Foundation's Amonette Circle | 2010 - Present
- Saint Agnes Hospital, Baltimore
- St Agnes HealthCare Program
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Runway to Hope
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Sunshine Foundation
- Bridges of Light Foundation
- Shepherd's Hope
Experience & Accolades
- MemberOsceola Regional Medical Center, Kissimmee, FL
- Member Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center, Davenport, FL
- Member St Cloud Regional Medical Center, St Cloud, FL
- Langley Health Services (Sumterville, FL)
- Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center ( Davenport, FL )
- Osceola Regional Medical Center ( Kissimmee, FL )
- Saint Cloud Regional Medical Center ( Saint Cloud, FL )
- AdventHealth Celebration
Dr. Michael W Steppie MD's Practice location
Kissimmee, FL 34741Get Direction
Kissimmee, FL 34758Get Direction
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701Get Direction
Apopka, FL 32712Get Direction
Celebration, FL 34747Get Direction
Clermont, FL 34711Get Direction
Davenport, FL 33837Get Direction
Orlando, FL 32819Get Direction
Orlando, FL 32822Get Direction
Mount Dora, FL 32757Get Direction
Ocoee, FL 34761Get Direction
Sanford, FL 32771Get Direction
St. Cloud, FL 34769Get Direction
Sumterville, FL 33585Get Direction
Dr. Michael W Steppie MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Steppie
- Are Wrinkle Fillers Effective?
Wrinkle fillers are one of the most popular alternatives to expensive facelifts. Wrinkle filler procedures only last about 30 minutes. Once the procedure is complete, an individual will be left with a fresh look that can last for months. Just think, you can get rid of those crows feet and that...
- Syphilis Symptoms
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can cause serious health problems when left untreated. This is caused by a type of bacteria known as Treponema pallidum. This disease can be treated easily in its earlier stage with the right medication. Early diagnosis and knowing the early...
- Jock Itch: The Facts You Should Know
Jock itch can be very embarrassing. The skin folds itch like crazy in the wrong places at the wrong time. The more you scratch, the more reddish and tender the area becomes. Men get it more often than women, and you don’t have to be an athlete blazing the tracks to get this abdominal itch. Here...
- Is Scabies a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)These are infections that can be passed from one person to another through anal sex, oral sex, and vaginal sex. Many people might have an STD, but they may not show symptoms. STDs are common in people. They can be dangerous, but most of them can be...
- What Is Porphyria?
Porphyria is an inherited group of disorders that affect the skin and nerves. Porphyria that affects the skin is referred to as cutaneous porphyria, while the condition that affects the nerves is known as acute porphyria. Both types result in the accumulation of the chemical porphyrin in the body....
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- Ayyaz M. Shah Other201 Hilda Street Kissimmee Florida 34741
- Dr. Alfredo E Gonzalez M.D.201 N Lakemont Ave Winter Park FL 32792
- Dr. Dimitry Michael Palceski D.O.875 Outer Rd Orlando FL 32814
- Dr. Sima Jain M.D.4800 S Apopka Vineland Rd Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Ferdinand Christopher Manlio DO9430 Turkey Lake Road Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Francille M. Macfarland MD1992 Mizell Ave Winter Park FL 32792