Dr. Jad Z. Bou-abdallah MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology750 E Adams St Syracuse NY, 13210
My goal is to provide high quality clinical care to patients with a broad range of gastroenterological disorders. I have a particular interest in the elderly: I completed a geriatrics fellowship, I ha ...
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Affiliated Hospitals 2005
- SUNY Upstate Medical Center - GME Office 2008
- SUNY Upstate Medical Center - GME Office 2009
- Gastroenterology Fellowship, SUNY Upstate Medical University 2012
- Geriatrics Fellowship, Upstate Medical University 2009
Experience & Accolades
- Clinical Assistant Professor 2014 - 2014University at Buffalo
- Member2013 - 2014 Staff Physician, Gastroenterology Division, VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Clinical Assistant Professor 2012 - 2013 Upstate Medical University State University of New York
- Member2012 - 2013 Staff Physician, Gastroenterology Division, Syracuse VA Medical Center
Dr. Jad Z. Bou-abdallah MD's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Jad Z. Bou-abdallah MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bou-abdallah
- Which Is Worse; Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are two of the most common types of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Individuals with IBD experience both inflammation and damage to the gastrointestinal tract. While IBD requires lifelong treatment, the severity of symptoms that each disease presents varies...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Sherman Award Recipients for Crohn's and Colitis Research Contributions
Photo credit: Diligent Rocket LLCBeginning last year, the Sherman Prize celebrates men and women who have made a big difference for those living with inflammatory bowel disease. Funded by the Bruce and Cynthia Sherman Charitable Foundation, the award is given to exceptional researchers, doctors,...
- Stem Cell Infusion as Possible Crohn's Fistula Therapy
The most common type of fistula associated with Crohn’s are anal fistulas which create “narrow tears that extend from the muscles that control the anus (anal sphincters) up into the anal canal.”Fistulas are just one of many Crohn’s-related issues which are grouped into the category of...
- All About Colectomy Prep and Recovery
For sufferers of Crohn’s disease or colitis, relief from pain and symptoms often comes from a variety of actions: a strict diet, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, and even natural remedies.Over time, as the disease riddles the colon beyond the help of these methods, surgery may be the next best...
- E. Coli Infection Symptoms: Cramps, Fatigue, Nausea, and More
What is E. Coli?E. coli is a bacterium that normally dwells in the intestines of both animals and humans. However, there are certain types of E. coli, specially E. coli 0157:H7, that are known to cause intestinal infection, which would lead to cramps, vomiting, and bloody diarrhea. E. coli is also...
- Dr. John Sun DO4870 Broad Rd Syracuse NY 13215
- Dr. Thomas J Romano MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Sara H. Mitchell M.D.5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Young Lee MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Scott A Edison MD4870 Broad Rd Syracuse NY 13215
- Dr. Robert S Epstein MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088