Dr. Akta Mukherjee is an internist practicing in Midlothian, VA. Dr. Mukherjee specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Mukherjee provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Georgetown University in Washington DC 2003
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- REPRODUCTION IN THYROIDECTOMIZED ADULT MALE RATS.
- Combined prednisolone, azathioprine, and cyclophosphamide treatment for persistent proliferative glomerulonephritis in adults.
- Review of the complications in peritoneal dialysis.
- Necrotizing enteritis.
- Portal cirrhosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis with generalised moderate haemosiderosis.
- Drug-induced renal diseases.
- Osmoreceptor function among the elderly.
- Lupus nephropathy.
- The ageing uterus and its refractoriness to appropiate sex steroid in the development of deciduoma.
- The effect of frusemide and ethacrynic acid on carbohydrate metabolism.
- Falciparum malaria associated with jaundice, renal failure and anaemia.
- Vasculas complications in nephrotic syndrome: relationship to steroid therapy and accelerated thromboplastin generation.
- Renal disease in Kuala Lumpur. A study of 100 patients with renal biopsy.
- Some aspects of the changes in the genitalia of hypothyroid male rats.
- Role of 'adreno-ephedrine' in the induction of persistent vaginal cornification.
- Effect of prolonged hypothyroidism on reproductive function of male albino rats.
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Akta Patel Mukherjee M.D.'s Practice location
Midlothian, VA 23112Get Direction
Dr. Akta Patel Mukherjee M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- What Causes a Sore Throat?
A sore throat is simply defined as pain, irritation or itchiness of the throat. A person having a sore throat may have difficulty swallowing foods and liquids. In addition, the pain may be exacerbated when you try to swallow. A sore throat can affect both children and adults. Symptoms of sore...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Valley Fever?
Valley fever, or coccidioidomycosis, is a fungal infection that usually presents itself in the form of a lung disease. This condition is also known by the name desert fever, desert rheumatism, and San Joaquin Valley fever. This condition is very mild, in most cases, and requires no special...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Bogdan G. Paraschiv2711 Kenmont Terrace Midlothian Virginia 23113
- Dr. Arpita Aggarwal MD1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Stephanie Ann Call M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Philip Hikmat Rizk MD1602 Skipwith Rd Henrico VA 23229
- Dr. Rachel R Waller M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Barrington H Bowser M.D.5500 Monument Ave Richmond VA 23226