Sheikh M. Yousuf-ali MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease515 North Ridgefield Ave Bridgeport CT, 06610
Dr. Sheikh Yousuf-ali is a cardiologist practicing in Bridgeport, CT. Dr. Yousuf-ali specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Yousuf-ali also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Sheikh M. Yousuf-ali MD's Practice location
Bridgeport, CT 06610Get Direction
Sheikh M. Yousuf-ali MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yousuf-ali
- Taurine Reduces the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women
For women with high cholesterol, incorporating taurine into the diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.According to the European Journal of Nutrition, it is revealed that taurine, the amino acid found in high amounts in poultry, meat, and in other food products, is highly useful and works as a...
- Stem Cell Treatment Heals the Damage Caused by Heart Attacks
A new study has shown that muscle damage due to a heart attack can be corrected by stem cell treatment. This included a small number participants, but they have shown that stem cell treatment is an effective method to help patients recover from a heart attack. The study was directed by Eduardo...
- Using Losartan in Treating Hypertension
Unfortunately, there is an increasing prevalence of hypertension, which is the term used to indicate high blood pressure with a reading of 140/90 mm Hg or higher. It is being blamed on living a modern lifestyle, the frequency of alcohol and tobacco intake, certain physical activities, and processed...
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Kathleen A. Harper4675 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- Mohummad Raza M.D.,F.A.C.C.4695 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- Jude Clancy MD333 Cedar St New Haven Connecticut 06510
- Joyce M. Oen-hsiao M.D.1450 Chapel St New Haven CT 06511
- Steven H. Kunkes M.D.1305 Post Rd Fairfield CT 06824
- Nathan Alfons Kruger M.D.1389 W Main St Waterbury CT 06708