Dr. Mary E Fontana-penn MD
Allergist and Immunologist | Allergy505 Parnassus Ave # M-1202 San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Mary Fontana-penn practices Allergy and Immunology care in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Fontana-penn specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Fontana-penn provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Dr. Mary E Fontana-penn MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
NOTTINGHAM, MD 21236Get Direction
Dr. Mary E Fontana-penn MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fontana-penn
- Are Allergy Shots Effective?
What is Allergy Shot?An allergy shot, or allergen immunotherapy, is a method in which small amounts of allergens are introduced to the body to stimulate the immune system against a specific allergen, without causing a full allergic reaction. This allows the body to get used to the specific allergen...
- Does the Sun Really Help Treat Eczema?
For a long time, it has been part of cultural knowledge that exposure to sunlight can help treat eczema. Now, it is medically agreed that eczema can be treated using UV light. But does this mean that you should go out and get yourself sunburnt?To answer this question, first, you have to consider the...
- Symbicort (Budesonide/Formoterol) Inhalation Aerosol
What is Symbicort?Symbicort is a combination drug used for the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) symptoms. The two active ingredients of Symbicort are budesonide and formoterol. This combination helps relax the airways and makes breathing easier.Budesonide can be...
- Chinese Herbal Remedies for Autoimmune Disorders
A new study has shown that a Chinese herbal remedies made from the roots of blue evergreen hydrangea may help in the treatment of autoimmune disorders. The herb, Chang Shan, weakens the abnormal immune response characteristic of autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis,...
- Are There Natural Ways to Boost the Immune System?
Herbs in small doses are proper medicines. Our ancient ancestors, knowing of the powers of herbs, collected them in a particular accordance with motions of the Moon and Sun.Today, scientists have learned almost everything about all the possible influences of herbs on our body and are aware of...
- People Who Suffer From Allergies May Not be Able to Enjoy the Great Outdoors
If you want to enjoy the outdoors, but you're afraid it will cause your allergies to flare-up, follow these tips:Choose friendly plants for your garden – This is one of the most important tips when you decide to grow a garden of your own in the backyard, and will minimize the exposure to...
- Dr. Dobri Kiprov MD., P.C.2100 Webster St San Francisco CA 94115
- William H. Chau2710 Telegraph Ave Oakland CA 94612
- Mr. Steven B Machtinger MD100 South Ellsworth Avenue San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Dean G. Kardassakis MD275 W MACARTHUR OAKLAND CA 94611
- Dr. Andrew Cherner Engler MD290 Baldwin Ave San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. June Y Zhang MD290 Baldwin Ave San Mateo CA 94401