Dr. Steven D Forman M.D., PH.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry7180 Highland Dr Va Pittsburgh Hcs (1 Pittsburgh PA, 15206
Dr. Steven Forman is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Forman specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Forman helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
- Violent criminal behavior and perspectives on treatment of criminality in opiate treatment.
- Insight and neurocognitive functioning in bipolar subjects.
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) for treatment-resistant major depression (TRMD) Veteran patients: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
Dr. Steven D Forman M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15206Get Direction
PITTSBURGH, PA 15240Get Direction
Dr. Steven D Forman M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Forman
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Dr. Mahmood Ahmed Usman M.D., M.M.M.665 Rodi Rd Pittsburgh PA 15235
- Dr. John P Nelson M.D.401 Shady Ave Pittsburgh PA 15206
- Dr. Kristina Curci M.D.330 S 9th St Pittsburgh PA 15203
- Dr. Rajkumar R Sarma M.D.8 Worthington Rd Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Ariel Gerard Gildengers M.D.3811 Ohara St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jules Rosen MD3811 Ohara St Pittsburgh PA 15213