Dr. Elizabeth D Sherwin MD
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology300 Longwood Ave Boston MA, 02115
Dr. Elizabeth Sherwin is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Sherwin specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Med College Of Virginia Virginia Comm University 2005
- Update on interventional electrophysiology in congenital heart disease: evolving solutions for complex hearts.
- Where to Throw That Shoe? Catheter Ablation of Atrioventricular Nodal Reentrant Tachycardia in Congenital Heart Disease.
- Transvenous nonfluoroscopic pacemaker implantation during pregnancy guided by 3-dimensional electroanatomic mapping.
- Boston Med Center
Dr. Elizabeth D Sherwin MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
WASHINGTON, DC 20010Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth D Sherwin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sherwin
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Dr. Rahul Hardas Rathod M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Christina Vanderpluym M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Kanta Nagpaul M.D.3 Woodland Rd Stoneham MA 02180
- Dr. Justin P Zachariah M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Andrew Powell MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Steven Donald Colan MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115