Dr. Steven Athanail is a family practitioner practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Athanail specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Athanail possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Howard Univ Coll of Med, Washington Dc 1979
Howard University College of Medicine 1979
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Allergic Reaction
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Vascular Disease
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Family Medicine; Ny Med Coll/Met Hosp Ctr, Psychiatry
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Dr. Steven Athanail MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11209Get Direction
Dr. Steven Athanail MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Athanail
- Flatulence (Gas): Causes and How to Relieve Flatulence Fast
What is flatulence?Flatulence is commonly called as "passing gas", "passing wind", or "farting". Flatulence is the medical term for releasing gas through the anus. Flatulence or intestinal gas is the state of having excessive gas in the stomach or waste gas, which is produced during digestion and is...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- Can You Get Mumps More than Once in Your Lifetime?
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection that’s preventable by vaccination. The virus is usually spread by coming in contact with infected individuals. It’s common for newborns, children, as well as young adults. Symptoms associated with the condition include:...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Dr. Tamara Anna Marie Saukin MD1920 Richmond Road Staten Island NY 10306
- Dr. Brent W. Matza MD41 East 8th Street New York NY 10016
- Dr. Neveen A. Elkholy D.O.1042 Main St Paterson NJ 07503
- Dr. Jessica Taubman MD46 Essex St Jersey City New Jersey 07302
- Dr. Joe W. Chamberlin M.D.418 East 138 th street Bronx NY 11454
- Dr. Bella Aloyts DO2640 E. 65th Street Brooklyn NY 11234