After completing my Bachelor's degree in molecular biology at the University of California at Berkeley, I received my medical degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. I then returned to my ...
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Gastrointestinal Problems (stomach & Intestines)
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital
- Stanford University Hospital/Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Program
- Stanford University School of Medicine,Stanford, Ca, United States
Dr. Michael W. Durant MD's Practice location
Roseville, CA 95661Get Direction
Dr. Michael W. Durant MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Gastroenteritis: What Is Oral Rehydration Therapy?
Most dehydration cases don’t warrant medical attention. Most of them can be treated through drinking plenty of fluids like water, baby breast milk, and baby formula juices. However, if the condition (gastroenteritis) becomes worse or doesn’t improve, you can turn to Oral Rehydration Therapy...
- Is Your Poop Healthy?
Have you ever given a glance at your poop before flushing it? Probably, not! We mostly do it every day, but never realize that the look and color of our poop can indicate a lot of things about our health. Yes! Our pooping habits can tell a lot about whether we are leading a healthy lifestyle or not....
- Does My Baby Have Acid Reflux?
Spit out what they have just been fed; this is known as reflux or posseting. This is not vomiting. It is important to learn the difference between vomiting and reflux. In vomiting, the muscles contract to forcefully expel the contents of the stomach, whereas in reflux, it is a spontaneous expulsion...
- Caring for a Child with Celiac Disease
Have you ever wondered why your child has difficulty in gaining weight, or maybe he or she is not gaining weight at all? Does your child experience abdominal pain, bloating, or even diarrhea when they eat foods with wheat, barley, rye, and the like? Is your child always weak and sickly? If he or she...
- Study Suggests Ties Between Celiac Disease and Early Respiratory Infections
With the rise of celiac disease and other problems related to gluten, finding out just what can cause it and how it has risen alludes even the best of researchers. Knowing the key differences between celiac disease and other gluten issues is a step for better understanding and management of the...
- Why Patients' Role in Research is Crucial for Finding a Cure for Celiac Disease
When it comes to celiac disease, there is a lot that is known and a whole lot more that still remains a mystery. At a recent symposium called Beyond Celiac Research, experts came together to discuss what can be done to improve and increase research around celiac disease and possible treatment...
- Dr. Yinka K Davies MD5765 Greenback Ln Sacramento CA 95841
- Dr. Pratima Kodali MD1600 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Jose Antonio Quiros M.D171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Trinh Thi Truong M.D.11370 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354
- Dr. Philip J Mcdonald MD5301 F St Sacramento CA 95819
- Dr. Sunpreet Kaur M.D.2516 STOCKTON BLVD SACRAMENTO CA 95817