After completing my Bachelor's degree in molecular biology at the University of California at Berkeley, I received my medical degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. I then returned to my ...
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Gastrointestinal Problems (stomach & Intestines)
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital
- Stanford University Hospital/Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Program
- Stanford University School of Medicine,Stanford, Ca, United States
Dr. Michael W. Durant MD's Practice location
Roseville, CA 95661Get Direction
Dr. Michael W. Durant MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Growing Concerns with Gluten Lead to Surge in Gluten-Free Magazines
Multiple Health Issues Discourage Gluten in FoodsCeliac disease, a genetic problem that causes the immune system to attack the small intestine where gluten is ingested, is now estimated to affect 1 out of every 100 people worldwide. It can be tracked due to a DNA marker which indicates its presence....
- How Necessary is a Biopsy for Celiac Disease?
A biopsy has been considered as one of the gold standards to confirm celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that is caused by gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. A biopsy is an invasive procedure, so some do not want to undergo it. In the past 25 years, more tests have been utilized to...
- Which Conditions Are Linked with Mesenteric Adenitis?
Mesenteric adenitis, also called as mesenteric lymphadenitis, is a condition that causes swelling and inflammation in the abdominal lymph nodes. This condition usually affects children and adolescents.Lymph nodes are small glands that are part of the lymphatic system. They contain a type of white...
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- Gluten-Free Food Bank Helps Families in Need in Massachusetts
Celiac disease is a chronic condition caused in the digestive tract, it has an immunological origin characterized by a permanent intolerance to a protein called gluten which is present in cereals (wheat, oats, barley or rye). When the patient ingests foods containing gluten, the lining of the small...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- Dr. Yinka K Davies MD1625 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Jose Antonio Quiros M.D2521 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Pratima Kodali MD1600 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Trinh Thi Truong M.D.2516 STOCKTON BLVD SACRAMENTO CA 95817
- Dr. Philip J Mcdonald MD5301 F St Sacramento CA 95819
- Dr. Ashis Vanmali Barad M.D.1625 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95816