Dr. Glenna B. Winnie MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sleep Medicine205 E. Hirst Road Suite 303 Purcellville VA, 20132
Dr. Glenna Winnie practices Sleep Medicine in Purcellville, VA. Dr. Winnie studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Cystic fibrosis: a 2002 update.
- Association of Epstein-Barr virus infection and pulmonary exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Respiratory tract colonization with Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis: correlations between anti-Pseudomonas aeruginosa antibody levels and pulmonary function.
- Comparison of 6 and 8 hourly tobramycin dosing intervals in treatment of pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis patients.
- Polysomnographic characteristics of a referred sample of children with sickle cell disease.
- Intravenous immune globulin treatment of pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis.
- Function of human alveolar macrophages from normal volunteers and cigarette smokers: effect of cystic fibrosis serum.
- Induction of phagocytic inhibitory activity in cats with chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa pulmonary infection.
- Anti-Pseudomonas aeruginosa IgG subclass titers in patients with cystic fibrosis: correlations with pulmonary function, neutrophil chemotaxis, and phagocytosis.
Dr. Glenna B. Winnie MD's Practice location
Purcellville, VA 20132Get Direction
- Night Terrors in Children
What are night terrors?Night terrors are a common occurrence seen in children between 3 to 12 years old. It is a sleep disorder, which tends to peak when the child is three and a half years old. Sleep is divided into two categories:...
- Additional Insight into Children's Sleep Apnea
It is surprisingly not uncommon for children to show mild forms of sleep apnea due to enlarged tonsils or adenoids, and some of them can usually grow out of it as their body develops and the airway expands to accommodate their growth. Regardless, the severe versions of obstructive sleep-disordered...
- Child Stops Breathing 27 Times an Hour Due to Sleep Apnea
It is during a child’s earliest years where much of their development takes place. During this time, they learn through their own observations, develop their social and mental skills, and figure out their own independence. However, some children do not have it so easy, especially for Mia Amdur,...
- The Innovative Method to Detect Children’s Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea has, for the longest time, been one of the leading causes of sleep deprivation and complications with the sleep cycle of anyone who suffers from it. As said as much before, but this condition, which can equally affect persons of any gender, manifests itself as periods during sleep where...
- Agony of a Little Girl Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
People often say they slept like a baby after a restful night of sleep. However, that is not always the case, especially for kids suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. Sadly, most parents are not aware of this issue and it can become a very difficult problem to deal with, a problem that can affect...
- The Negative Impact Sleep Apnea Can Have on a Child's Memory
Many already know that the pauses in breathing for a long period of time are what defines sleep apnea. However, what many may not know is that this disorder affects 1 out of 4 children and may occur between the ages of 2 and 8 years old. The American Sleep Apnea Association indicated that...