Dr. Jeffrey Brent Roaten MD PHD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery2100 Clinch Ave Suite 430 Knoxville TN, 37916
Dr. Jeffrey Roaten practices Pediatric Surgery in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Roaten treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Roatendiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Novel extranuclear-targeted anthracyclines override the antiapoptotic functions of Bcl-2 and target protein kinase C pathways to induce apoptosis.
- Interaction of the novel anthracycline antitumor agent N-benzyladriamycin-14-valerate with the C1-regulatory domain of protein kinase C: structural requirements, isoform specificity, and correlation with drug cytotoxicity.
- Identifying risk factors for complications following sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma and other melanocytic tumors in adolescents.
- Survival in sentinel lymph node-positive pediatric melanoma.
- Size of sentinel node metastases predicts other nodal disease and survival in malignant melanoma.
Dr. Jeffrey Brent Roaten MD PHD's Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37916Get Direction
Anchorage, AK 99508Get Direction
ANCHORAGE, AK 99508Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Brent Roaten MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Roaten
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...