Dr. Hugh Mcintyre practices Neuropathology in Torrance, CA. Dr. Mcintyre studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- University Of California Los Angeles 1963
Dr. Hugh B. Mcintyre M.D.'s Practice location
Torrance, CA 90502Get Direction
Dr. Hugh B. Mcintyre M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- Multiple Sclerosis: Remembering Annette Funicello’s Legacy
Learning to cope with a chronic condition like multiple sclerosis takes a degree of courage and resolve no matter what. While every single individual who battles this disease and learns how to cope with life in new and creative ways is an inspiration, it can be especially impactful to watch a public...
- New Study: How a Mediterranean-style Diet Can Fight Multiple Sclerosis
New research is currently being developed at New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital, studying how food can be used as a treatment option to tackle MS. Neurologist Ilana Katz Sand is leading one of the first clinical trials to research the connection between food, gut bacteria, and MS symptoms. The...
- Targeting Enzyme May Be an Approach to Alzheimer’s Therapy
Targeting particular enzymes to cure diseases or to relieve symptoms has never been an easy task. Indiscriminate targeting often results in unnecessary potentially toxic effects. For the same reasons, early attempts to target HDAC2 were not successful.Researchers knew that HDAC2 plays a vital role...
- Lexi Pappas and her Mom Both Have Muscular Dystrophy. This is Their Story.
Facioscapulohumeral dystrophy (FSHD) is a much more rare variant of muscular dystrophy, which consists of an autosomal dominant inherited version of muscular dystrophy, that begins by affecting the muscles in the face, and then makes its way towards the scapula, and upper arms. This variant is the...
- Alzheimer's News: Analyzing the Brain to Measure Memory Decline
New Alzheimer’s research shows declining levels of serotonin—the brain chemical linked to memory—could trigger the start of dementia. The finding from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine opens the possibility of staying the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease by preventing the...
- Dr. Russ T. Shimizu M.D.2811 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica CA 90403
- Dr. Regina Berkovich MD1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles California 90033
- Dr. Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza M.D.11600 Wilshire Blvd. West Los Angeles California 90025
- Dr. Ezekiel Fink MD415 North Crescent Drive Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Rami G. Apelian M.D.1015 North First Avenue Arcadia California 91006
- Dr. Mindy L. Aisen MD7601 East Imperial Highway Downey California 90242