Dr. Debra Abell is a dermatologist practicing in Wexford, PA. Dr. Abell specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Abell diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1979
University of California 1975
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Dermatology; Lenox Hill Hosp, Internal Medicine
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- NSLIJ/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital Program
Dr. Debra Tanner Abell MD's Practice location
Wexford, PA 15090Get Direction
Dr. Debra Tanner Abell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abell
- What is Sunburn?
Love Sun and Sand? Who doesn’t? But are you aware that about 70% of the people who enjoy the ultraviolet rays of the sun get sunburn? In most of the cases this results from too much of exposure to the Sun. It may also result from exposure to ultraviolet rays. Although there are warnings about...
- What Is Stratum Corneum: Function and Structure
The stratum corneum is the outermost epidermal layer of the skin, which consists of dead cells called corneocytes. It is the major barrier of the skin when it comes to chemical transfers. The main purpose of the stratum corneum is to protect the underlying tissues by forming a barrier. The...
- How to Avoid Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Whether you are beauty conscious or not, dark circles under your eyes is a concern. These dark marks are sure to take away the fresh look from the face. It may even make you look ill. One of the most common causes of darkness under the eyes is the presence of excessive fluid beneath the soft skin...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Maculopapular Rash: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction to Maculopapular RashA maculopapular rash is a lesion that can appear as flat or raised skin. The name “maculopapular” itself is a blend of two words: “macule” meaning flat, discolored skin lesions, and “papule”, which means a small, raised bump. The skin lesions can merge...
- What Does Triamcinolone Treat?
Triamcinolone topical is used for the treatment of various skin conditions and their symptoms, such as redness, inflammation, itching, and other discomforts. This topical medication is also a corticosteroid and only available through prescription. Other available forms of triamcinolone are:...
- Dr. Douglas W. Kress MD11279 PERRY HWY WEXFORD PA 15090
- Dr. Neil Niren MD9102 BABCOCK BLVD PITTSBURGH PA 15237
- Dr. Christina Marie Wahlgren M.D.3601 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Diane W. Inserra MD651 Holiday Dr Pittsburgh PA 15220
- Dr. Judith Ann Small MD420 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Christine Haughey Weinberger MD5200 Centre Ave Pittsburgh PA 15232