Dr. Manuel Portalatin is a family practitioner practicing in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Portalatin specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Portalatin possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ Of Pr Sch Of Med- San Juan Pr 1984
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 1984
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, Family Medicine; Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Family Medicine; University Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Dr. Manuel Portalatin MD's Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32211Get Direction
Dr. Manuel Portalatin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
IntroductionThe vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Dr. Sharon L. Acevedo MD4001 Confederate Point Road Jacksonville Florida 32210
- Dr. Terrence L Soldo DO2627 Riverside Ave Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Adla Adi MD11761-8 Beach Blvd Jacksonville FL 32246
- Dr. George Morrison Young MD7835 Chase Meadows Dr E Jacksonville FL 32256
- Dr. Heber J Rosa M.D.4348 Southpoint Blvd Jacksonville FL 32216
- Mr. Duaine Duchamp Murphree M.D.2627 Riverside Ave Jacksonville FL 32204