Dr. Neil Prose is a dermatologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Prose specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Prose diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1975
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Pediatric Dermatology- 2004
- Member American Academy on Communication in Healthcare
- Member Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- Member American Academy of Dermatology
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Pediatrics; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Dermatology; San Francisco Gen Hosp M C, Pediatrics
Dr. Neil Prose M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Neil Prose M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prose
- What are the Signs That Differentiate Between a Melanoma and a Mole?
Melanoma is a condition that is often associated with cancer of the skin. However, it need not always be the case. This condition usually starts with melanocytes, the cells responsible for the production of the melanin pigment in the body which adds color to the skin, hair and eyes. The melanocytes...
- How Fast Does Hair Grow?
IntroductionHair plays a significant role when it comes to the appearance of men and women. Hair has different structures and layers. The strength of the hair is attributed to the tough protein called keratin, which is made up of amino acid chains. A hair follicle is a sheath that surrounds the...
- Are Varicose Veins Associated with Other Medical Conditions?
Most of the times, people with varicose veins rarely have challenges. If at all they do show up, it is usually after many years.Other ailments and conditions are often similar to varicose conditions. The conditions below are signs, causes or risks associated with varicose veins.BleedingIf you bump...
- All About Skin Abrasions
What is an abrasion?An abrasion is an open wound caused by the skin coming into contact with a rough surface, rubbing away the upper epidermal layer of the skin. The parts of the body that are more prone to abrasions are thin-skinned bony areas, such as the elbows, knees, ankles, shins, and upper...
- Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
What is laser hair removal?Are you sick of using a razor or shaving creams every time you need to go to the beach and wear a bikini or when you are wearing a skirt and want to show off your legs? How about laser hair removal treatment? Laser hair removal is a treatment option based on photo...
- What Is a Skin Biopsy?
A skin biopsy is a medical procedure which involves taking a skin tissue sample, processing it, and then examining it under a powerful microscope. Different methods exist for performing this procedure depending on the location and size of the skin abnormality. Any part of your skin that shows some...
- Dr. Lisa Ann Hogan M.D.10940 Raven Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27614
- Dr. Sheel Desai Solomon M.D.130 Preston Executive Dr Cary NC 27513
- Dr. Margaret B Boyse M.D.4201 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Aida M Lugo-somolinos MD3100 Thurston-Bowles Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Carol A Trakimas D.O.8300 Health Park Raleigh NC 27615
- Dr. Craig Burkhart M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514