Dr. Neil Prose is a dermatologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Prose specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Prose diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1975
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Pediatric Dermatology- 2004
- Member American Academy on Communication in Healthcare
- Member Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- Member American Academy of Dermatology
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Pediatrics; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Dermatology; San Francisco Gen Hosp M C, Pediatrics
Dr. Neil Prose M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Neil Prose M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prose
- Treatments for Melanoma
What is Melanoma?Melanoma is mostly referred to as cancer of the skin, but this might not always be the case. It begins from the melanocytes, the cells that produce the pigment melanin, which gives the skin its color along with hair and eyes too. Melanocytes also form moles, which is the region or...
- How to Take Care of Dry Skin
There are a number of different factors that affect someone's skin, whether it be the person's overall health, their genes, their age, or even the cold temperature outside. But, having it can be a little embarrassing. While hydrating and replenishing the lost moisture are vital steps in keeping the...
- What is Sunburn?
Love Sun and Sand? Who doesn’t? But are you aware that about 70% of the people who enjoy the ultraviolet rays of the sun get sunburn? In most of the cases this results from too much of exposure to the Sun. It may also result from exposure to ultraviolet rays. Although there are warnings about...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How to Avoid Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Whether you are beauty conscious or not, dark circles under your eyes is a concern. These dark marks are sure to take away the fresh look from the face. It may even make you look ill. One of the most common causes of darkness under the eyes is the presence of excessive fluid beneath the soft skin...
- What Does Melanoma Look Like?
Most people have at least a few moles since they are common markings on the skin. Unfortunately, the signs of melanoma can be easily mistaken for moles until the disease progresses. Everyone should be familiar with the distinguishing characteristics of melanoma, as this knowledge can save lives. If...
- Dr. Lisa Ann Hogan M.D.10940 Raven Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27614
- Dr. Sheel Desai Solomon M.D.130 Preston Executive Dr Cary NC 27513
- Dr. Carol A Trakimas D.O.8300 Health Park Raleigh NC 27615
- Dr. Margaret B Boyse M.D.4201 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Aida M Lugo-somolinos MD3100 Thurston-Bowles Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Brooke A Jackson MD245 E NC HIGHWAY 54 DURHAM NC 27713