Dr. Alan Carlson is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Carlson specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Carlson can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Carlson can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Astigmatism, Cornea Problems, Cornea Transplant And More
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Internal Medicine
- Baylor Med Center
- Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 1983
- Cullen Eye Inst, Baylor, Ophthalmology, TX, USA 1986
- Duke University Medical Center
- Baylor Coll of Med/Cullen Eye Inst, Cornea/External Disease 1986
- Duke Univ Eye Center, Cornea/External Disease 1987
- Duke Univ Eye Center, Ophthalmology, NC, USA 1988
- Cullen Eye Inst, Baylor, Ophthalmology, TX, USA 1987
- Corneal and Refractive Surgery, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine 1986
- Corneal and Refractive Surgery, Duke Eye Center 1987
Dr. Alan Carlson M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alan Carlson M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alan Carlson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlson
- Are You at Risk for Developing Gestational Diabetes?
Diabetes is a very complex condition, which may occur at any age, in any point of our lives, even during pregnancy.Gestational diabetes is a disease acquired by pregnant women who have high blood glucose levels during pregnancy. This condition is usually developed around the 24th week of pregnancy,...
- Is Syphilis an STD?
What is an STD?Sexually transmitted disease, or commonly known as STD, is a type of disease that gets transmitted through sexual contact. AIDS caused by the HIV virus is a primary example of a sexually transmitted disease. Most STDs do not have any obvious symptoms at the beginning, aside from the...
- What Doctor Can I See if I Have Genital Herpes?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by mild dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs will not...
- How Birth Control Pills Can Treat Oligomenorrhea
What is oligomenorrhea?Oligomenorrhea is infrequent menstrual flow or very light menstruation. Women with oligomenorrhea often have around 4-9 periods per year, usually occurring with intervals of more than 35 days. When there is an absence of menstrual flow for more than six months, oligomenorrhea...
- Breast Cancer and Elective Double Mastectomies: A Thing of the Past?
Oncology physicians and surgeons are baffled as more women with cancer in just one breast are choosing to have a double mastectomy instead of opting for traditional forms of treatment. (The double mastectomy procedure in these cases is the removal of a healthy breast and is medically referred to as...
- Natural Remedies for Infertility
Infertility is frustrating when a woman is actively trying to conceive or carry a baby to full term. However, it is quite common, affecting nearly 1 out of every 6 couples. There are numerous medical cures that women and men can try, but it is important to be aware of several natural solutions that...
- Dr. Courtney D. Stephenson DO3010 Old Clinic Building Chapel Hil NC 27599
- Dr. Kristina R. Ericsson MD, MPH4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh North Carolina 27607
- Dr. Chelsea Ward MD.101 Medical Park Drive Mebane NC 27302
- Dr. John T Soper MD4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Polly Jansen Watson MD8300 Health Park Raleigh NC 27615
- Dr. Dawn Stanford Trollip MD4414 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh NC 27607