Dr. Curtis Chong is an anesthesiologist practicing in Oakland, CA. Dr. Chong ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Chong also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1989
Temple University School of Medicine 1989
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Enumerating immunoglobulin-secreting cells among peripheral human lymphocytes. A hemolytic plaque assay for a B cell function.
- Complementary and alternative medicine use by osteoporosis clinic patients.
- The isolation and characterization of an anti-sheep red blood cell antibody having limited heterogeneity.
- In vitro allotype suppression of spleen cells from immunized rabbits.
- Kaiser Permanente Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Stanford University Hospital/Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Program
Dr. Curtis Alfred Chong MD's Practice location
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
Dr. Curtis Alfred Chong MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Lymphoma-related PTSD Possible?
PTSD is something that one may not think of right away when thinking of chronic or life-threatening illnesses, but it should not be overlooked. Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can affect all aspects of a person’s life and requires treatment by a specialist.The Diagnostic and Statistical...
- Do I Have Chronic Pain?
What is chronic pain?Pain that persists for more than three months is referred to as chronic pain. This is different from the normal sensation initiated in the nervous system that tells your body that something is wrong. Chronic pain may be initiated in any part of the body. This pain can range from...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Mr. Jeffrey H. Levy MD2299 Post Street San Francisco California 94115
- Tara B. Hojiwala450 Stanyan Street San Francisco California 94117
- Barbara Dodson521 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jenifer Rae Shriver M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Stephen Licata M.D.250 Bon Air Rd Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Francisco Cosmas Rico MD20103 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546